Centron Security is now hiring Armed Security Patrol Supervisor in Houston, Texas.
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises and coordinates the activities and personnel of assigned area to maintain security and safety of people and property. Conducts briefings and coordinates training and special assignments.
Example of Duties:
– Supervises the activities of subordinates.
– Conducts briefings at the start of new shifts to inform Security Officers of pertinent information regarding campus and safety/ security matters.
– Patrols assigned areas on foot, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons or safety/fire hazards.
– Investigates and/or reports hazards and unusual or suspicious circumstances to campus police unit for correction or follow-up actions; maintains contact with campus police.
– Checks doors and windows of buildings to assure they are tightly closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor.
– Observes activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce university rules/regulations; alerts visitors of infractions; removes unwanted or disruptive visitors from university property.
– Reviews reports from subordinates for completeness and activity needing follow-up; provides written and oral reports to supervisor.
– Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what actions to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
– Knowledge of security and fire inspection procedures and practices.
– Skill in observing situations and decision making.
– Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
– Ability to effectively communicate.
* 5 years security experience
or 2 years Law Enforcement
or 2 years of Military
* Must be available to work any shift and flexible when needed on a moment’s notice.
* Must have reliable transportation
* Must be Armed
* Must have a great attention to detail
* Must be organized
* Must have good leadership qualities
* Must be able to take on task alone and with other team members and see the task through to completion
* Must also be able to report back to management in an articulate and competent manner.
About Centron Security Inc.:
Centron is a Professional Security company who takes pride in the quality and effective security services we provide to our clients.
Click here for more information: http://www.centronsecurity.com/career/careeropportunities.html