Centron Security in Houston is now hiring for : Armed Security Patrol Supervisor
This position supervises and coordinates the activities and personnel of assigned area to maintain security and safety of people and property. Conducts briefings and coordinates training and special assignments.
Examples of duties would be:
– Supervises the activities of subordinates.
– Conducts briefings at the start of new shifts to inform Security Officers of pertinent information regarding campus and safety/ security matters.
– Patrols assigned areas on foot, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons or safety/fire hazards.
– Investigates and/or reports hazards and unusual or suspicious circumstances to campus police unit for correction or follow-up actions; maintains contact with campus police.
– Checks doors and windows of buildings to assure they are tightly closed and locked; notes in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submits information to supervisor.
– Observes activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce university rules/regulations; alerts visitors of infractions; removes unwanted or disruptive visitors from university property.
– Reviews reports from subordinates for completeness and activity needing follow-up; provides written and oral reports to supervisor.
– Responds to alarms and dispatched calls; decides what actions to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
– Knowledge of security and fire inspection procedures and practices.
– Skill in observing situations and decision making.
– Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
– Ability to effectively communicate.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Applicant must have at least 5 years security experience or 2 years Law Enforcement or 2 years of Military
* Must be available to work any shift and flexible when needed on a moment’s notice.
* Must have reliable transportation
* Must be armed
* Must have a great attention to detail
* Must be organized
* Must have good leadership qualities
* Must be able to take on task alone and with other team members and see the task through to completion
* Must also be able to report back to management in an articulate and competent manner.
Centron Security is an equal opportunity employer.